Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sound spectrum visualizer

I know I'm a bit late for playing with the AS3 sound API but I never had the chance to check it out before until some time this year and specially in recent days as I got the flu and haven't had much to do when at home (my girlfriend doesn't want to catch it so she's sleeping in another room and I'm not allowed out of this room...).
Anyway, after playing a bit with the SoundMixer class, and adding basics Flint particles in the background (yeah, some default example), I ended up with a small flash visualizer and uploaded to YouTube.
 

I think it looks cool, plus I love the song, Deckers Theme by Dom & Roland.
The base of the code can be found at this old post from Mike Chambers. I advise you to play a bit with the code, you can get some really nice results. And by the way, it's never too late to learn new stuff ;)

No comments: