Friday, September 08, 2006

Flash Skype Status - Part II



Ok, now I've got my Skype status shown on my website but... what?
does anyone know my Skype ID? can anyone then call me? or at least start a conversation with me?
Yes they can, we need to add only a couple of lines to our actionscript to allow people to interact with us, if we have the latest Skype
There is one limitation, we have no control on the image as it comes from the Skype server so we can't add animation...
well, actually we can!

What I did is, I created another movieclip inside of my already existent "image01" movieclip and called it (instance name) "loader_mc".
If we want our movieclip to move 1 pixel when the mouse is over, we need to update our script as follows:

image01.loader_mc.loadMovie("http://mystatus.skype.com/smallclassic/myID");
image01.onRollOver = function() {
this._y += 1;
};
image01.onRollOut = function() {
this._y -= 1;
};

and if we want an event to happen when the user clicks on the icon, we just add:

image01.onPress = function() {
getURL("skype:myID?chat");
};


so people can have a chat with me through Skype if I'm online or leave a message if I'm not.
There are more options and all of them are explained on the Advanced Skype Links.

Hey! there are many things to experiment with using Skype and Actionscript, just go for it! for example, I added a sound and a little colour effect when rolling-over.

By the way, if anyone reading this knows of any colour syntax plug-in for blogger, please let me know!

Salut

-- IMPORTANT UPDATE --
Part I
Part III
Free Skype Status Flash Button

and the latest one of this series:
Easy Skype status in Flash
---------

No comments: